Calligraphy for Everyone
Learning calligraphy can seem daunting, but with the right resources and supplies,
it’s a fun and rewarding skill that anyone can master.
This week we get help from the Appleton Career Academy to showcase some of our favorite calligraphy supplies. As part of a cross-curricular assignment, students produced illuminated pages analyzing the monarchs that influenced Shakespeare’s Macbeth using supplies donated by Anderson Pens.
- E+M Federhalter Saggitarious nib holders come in a variety of different finishes and fit all of your dip pen nibs.
- Using Ziller dip pen ink makes for an easier writing experience. The thicker ink is pigmented, waterproof and lightfast – just don’t put it in your fountain pen. Available in 10 different colors.
- J.Herbin Authentique is a rich black ink perfect for practicing your alphabet or writing a letter.
- Looking for a thicker nib holder? The E+M Artist nib holder has a comfortable triangular grip and a stainless steel section.
- Let the Leonardt Index Finger nib get you pointed in the right direction.
- Practice your calligraphy wherever you are with Pilot Parallel pens. You can use Pilot cartridges or a Pilot converter so you can use bottled ink.
- The Leonardt Copperplate Shorthand nib is a must for anyone wanting to learn copperplate script.
- Do you tend to write small? Than perhaps the Leonardt Copperplate 2 nib would best fit your writing style.
- An offset nib holder will get you writing with the right angle. The Ziller grey oblique nib holder is available with 4 different nib options.
- One of our favorite resources for learning calligraphy is Tamblyn’s Home Instruction in Penmanship. If you’re interested in learning other fonts, be sure to check out our large selection of how-to books.
- Perhaps you’ll be inspired to write your own illuminated page on Shakespeare using the Leonardt Shakespeare nib.
- With an ergonomic section, the Brause nib holder lets you get a grip on your writing.
A big thank you to the students at the Appleton Career Academy for letting us showcase their incredible talent. A special shout out to Amry G, Hailey J, Teagan P, Autumn T, Tianna D, Katherine N, Samantha G, Chloe Z, and Halle B whose projects served as the backdrop for this week’s Midweek Mojo.
Ink it up!