A Paperblanks Journal Photo Album
The new Paperblanks are in and they are beautiful works of art! Combine one with your favorite pens and inks and voilà – you’re Claude Monet! Behold a new (and easy) craft project!
Every Paperblanks Journal that comes through the door is absolutely drool worthy. But if you don’t journal, what could you possibly use these beauties for? Well, why not turn it into a keepsake holding pictures from a special day, trip or activity?
I turned one of our Paperblanks into a wedding album and not only is it gorgeous, it’s also easy peasy!
The Supplies I Used
- Printed pictures – I used Walgreens, but would recommend Mpix for a more professional printing service.
- Kikka Ultra Paperblanks Journal – An ideal flower cover as our ceremony was surrounded by flowers at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens.
- Washi tape – You can order this online or if you live close to a crafting store, just pop in but be prepared to spend a lot of time there looking at EVERYTHING! I purchased my washi tape from Michaels.
- Sailor Pro Gear Slim Metallic Purple with a Broad Nib
- Sailor Pro Gear Slim Four Seasons Haruzora Spring Metallic Sky Blue with a Medium-Fine Nib
- Pilot Metropolitan Retro Pop Purple with a Stub nib
- Pilot Metropolitan Fountain Pen – Leopard with a Medium Nib
- Sailor Sakura-Mori – This perfect pink resembles the pink peonies in my bouquet.
- Sailor Fuji-Musume – A dreamy shade of purple that flows as beautifully as the bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Sailor Yuki-Akari – A soft turquoise to match the other bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Diamine Shimmertastic Golden Sands – To accent the page with a little shimmer and sparkle!
Putting the Photo Album Together
Once I had my supplies, I simply used the washi tape to secure the pictures onto each page in the Paperblanks journal. Everything about our wedding was laid-back and mix-matched so the fun washi tape kept with that theme!
Instead of captions I wrote lyrics from the songs our family friend sang for our ceremony. Cheesy, I know, but it’s Wedding Appropriate Cheesy.
The little sleeve (memento pocket) in the back is ideal for keeping our Save the Dates, invites, and wedding program. I also put the pictures we had up at our reception in this sleeve.
I see more Paperblanks Photo Albums in my future. Up next is our Disney trip from 2015…any suggestions on which Paperblanks to use for this one? The highlight of that trip was meeting Anna and Elsa, so maybe something that looks like it came from Arendelle? Possibly the new Paperblanks Chloe?
Win a Paperblanks Journal!
Which Paperblanks Journal would you like to use for your photographs? Let us know in the comments below and you could WIN the Paperblanks journal of your choice. We’ll choose a winner at random from all comments below by 3pm CST on Thursday, February 16th.
*CONGRATULATIONS Daniel Street! You are the winner of our Paperblanks giveaway!*
Ink it Up!